Welcome to our Q4 2018 Retail CFO bulletin.
A swathe of retailers publishing Christmas trading updates;
- Footfall continues to decline yet Dunelm have bucked the trend by growing both online and store sales
- Wage inflation continues to rise, touching 3.3%, with NLW increases impacting from April
- Utilities and raw materials are trending upwards after some respite in the 1st half of 2018
- £ is down against both the € & $
- Consumer credit growth is on a downward trend
- High St. rents have reduced marginally
The tough retail environment continues - little wonder 95% CFOs have cost savings a priority in 2019.
Contact us to discuss how we can help drive savings and efficiencies, quickly.